We're convinced that you aren't designed to follow Jesus on your own. As a church, we aim to take Hebrews 10 seriously:
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
While there are dozens of ways you can put Hebrews 10 into practice, Huddles are a simple, intentional way to be supported in your Christian journey and offer that same support to others.
• Reach out to others who might be a good fit for your huddle. If you need help, we’ll do our best to help you find them.
• There is no specific limit on huddle size, but we recommend keeping it small (i.e.3-4 people). This helps everyone stay engaged and accountable, and also keeps the group immune to changing gathering-size limits.
• Choose a venue (i.e. a coffee shop, a home, online) that works for everyone.
• Pick a regular time to meet (we recommend weekly for 60-90 minutes) and agree to keep your huddle a priority
• Develop a purposeful routine that makes your huddle more than just a weekly catch-up session.
• Everyone is authentically learning and growing together.
Although you may choose a structure that uniquely suits your group, we recommend the following:
(1) follow-up on previous week’s action step (3-5 minutes each)
(2) learn from scripture or teaching (20-30 mins)
you may choose to
a. study a passage or a book of the Bible
b. discuss and apply the weekend sermon
c. study a good book that contributes to your spiritual development.
(3) each person answers the question, “Based on what I’ve heard and learned today, what specific action step/goal is Jesus calling me to take?” Agree to follow-through and give an account the following week (3-5 minutes each)
(4) Encouragement/Confession/Prayer (15 minutes)
Encouragement – offer words that bless and build each other up.
Confession - Answer the question, "Where did I miss the mark last week?"
Prayer - Pray for each other based on what was shared above.